About me


Dear Professor Blackstone,

The purpose of this letter is to allow me to briefly introduce myself as a telematics student in Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT). My name is Goh Ai Min and I have just graduated from Nanyang Polytechnic with diploma in telematics and media technology.

During my 6 months internship with ST Kinetics, I have found my interest in the field of intelligent transport working on my project, which is to aid the staffs in the making of driverless and automated side-loader. It was also an eye opener for me to see different kinds of tanks and driverless vehicles made by the company. Hence, I chose to further my studies in telematics in SIT.

My strength in communication is that I am a good listener and I often express myself better in writing. I am a rant box to my friends as I am always there for them when they need to rant their thoughts and I would then give them some advice if possible. Since my secondary school days, I have been told by my teachers that they understand me better when they read through my reflections and letters instead of talking to me personally.

However, my strengths are also my weakness. Being used to listening more than speaking up my mind, I tend to run out of topics when I am talking with my peers. It has also become a habit for me to shorten my sentences and being straight forward. This happens especially when I do presentations and speaking in front of crowds.

All in all, I hope that through this module I will be able to step out of my comfort zone and speak up more, so that I can better share my thoughts with my friends and expand my social circle. The other goal is to be more confident when I am doing presentation and speaking in front of the crowds so that I would not be nervous and loss my words.

I look forward to learning more from you throughout this modules for the rest of the trimester 1.

Best regards,
Goh Ai Min

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Ai Min,

      Thank you for this email. I really enjoyed reading your self-introduction. This email is well developed with specific examples and detailed information. I think I have known your better and I can feel your strong passion in the telematics field. I also found out more about your strength and weakness in communication.

      The paragraphing was well structured. The language used was very clear and fluent. There is one mistake that I have discovered. For "my strengths are also my weakness ", it should be "my strength is also my weakness" instead.

      I look forward to see you in class every Wednesday.

      Regards,

      MingYu

      Delete
    2. Dear Ming Yu,

      Thanks for the kind feedback, I will work on my mistakes and see you around in class too.

      Regards,
      Ai Min

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Ai Min,
      Your letter is very well elaborated and clear. After reading through your letter, I like how you use several of your life examples to illustrate on your explanation to give a detailed summary. It gives me a new impression of you and letting me get to know you more.

      One mistake which I noticed in your letter is the numeral ‘3’, you should spell the word of the number out unless it is greater than nine. Same goes for the ‘trimester 1’ at your last paragraph. Another point I think you can paraphrase is “My strength in communication is that I am a good listener and I often express myself better in writing.” sentence, it felt as though you were speaking as you write.
      Hopes this comments can help you.

      Good day and see you in class this Wednesday.

      Regards,
      Evan Lim

      Delete
    2. Dear Evan,

      Thanks for the compliment and constructive feedback, I have learnt something new! See you around in class too.

      Regards,
      Ai Min

      Delete
  3. Dear Ai Min,

    Thank you for this well organized, informative letter. You provide us readers with lots of details about your background and experience. I find it interesting that you consider yourself a 'rant box,' which unbeknownst earlier to me means 'a good listener.' You weave together a clear discussion of how this strength is also your weakness. I'll try to draw you out of your comfort zone as much as possible in class so that you gain more experience speaking in front of a group (as small as our class is).

    In terms of language use, this is very fluent, though there are a few minor issues:

    Parallel structure errors
    -- It has also become a habit for me to shorten my sentences and being straight forward. >>> (lack of parallel structure)
    It has also become a habit for me to shorten my sentences and be straight forward.
    -- This happens especially when I do presentations and speaking in front of crowds. >>> ?

    I look forward to assisting you as best I can this term.

    Cheers,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Professor Brad,

      Thank you for taking the time to read my self introduction and correcting my errors. I will be more careful and improve on my mistakes in the following assignments.

      I look forward to attending your classes to learn more from you.

      Regards,
      Ai Min

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts